Weigh In Wednesday: Week 4 Results
Hellllooooooo!!!!! And welcome to another weekly weigh in Wednesday!
So, it’s been 4 weeks since I started this little challenge with myself. It’s been a ride, for sure – up and down, high and low, back and forth…well, you get the idea.
Let’s break it down!
(You can see my Biggest Loser Challenge plan here.) This girl was on fire this week!
1. I averaged 1,692 calories per day this week! I decided this past week to follow the calorie suggestions from the book New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is based on a formula, so it will change over time. But I felt great at this calorie level and I’m going to stick with it.
2. I ate whole foods all week, plus some treats! My meals were on point this week, even with lots of challenges!
3. I did a significant form of exercise for three days this week. I had a lot happening this week, so I didn’t get to the gym as much as I wanted. But you know what? I felt better – not as tired, more energy during my days. I’m wondering if I was doing too much, too fast…
4. I did strength training 0 days this week. Yup, a big fat zero. Just didn’t get to it, and I’m concentrating more on the C25K program right now.
5. Last chance workout?? I’m going to get rid of this whole part of my plan – ANY workout is a good workout!!
6. Weighing once a week? Nope again. After last week’s gain, I was on that thing every single day. :/
7. I’m doing well with water!
I did not eat out, or eat any fast food!! I did eat in the car, out of necessity, which I’ll explain in the NSV’s below…
After all that happened this week, I’m feeling pretty good!
Weigh In Wednesday: Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)
I have a couple this week!!!
1. Last week I mentioned that my dog was sick…she had a pretty bad infection, and we were very close to losing her. Now – I’ve had my dog longer than I’ve had my kids (she’s 11 years old).
Needless to say, I was stressed out. She had surgery last Tuesday to remove the infection, and came home on Thursday. So far she seems to being doing okay!
This is one of those times that would normally send me over the edge. Add all the Easter candy that was still in my house, and you have a recipe for diet disaster. But I didn’t use food for comfort! I stayed true to my plan.
2. So after the hullabaloo with the dog, I got a call that one of my uncles past away on Thursday. (Definitely one of those weeks.) He wasn’t someone I was close to, but my dad was upset so I went to the wake to be with him. The wake was 2 1/2 hours away, so I started panicking a bit, thinking about how I could easily blow everything with food on the go.
Some of my Facebook friends kindly reminded me that I could pack my own food. So that’s exactly what I did!
I ate my lunch right before I left, drove out and attended the wake. On the way back, I ate my packed meals, and never had to stop. HUGE NSV for me – this would have been my “okay” to eat gross fast food, so I’m very proud of myself for this one!
Weigh In Wednesday: HFC Biggest Loser Challenge Week 4 Results
Starting Weight: 218.5
Goal by June 15, 2013: 188
Last Week’s Weight: 217.1
This week’s Weight: 212.6
Difference: DOWN 4.5 pounds!!!
Weeks left: 9
Pounds to goal: 24.6
So in my first 4 weeks I’ve lost 5.9 pounds! That’s pretty good, although not as much as I would have liked. I really want to be losing at least 2 pounds per week, so I’m hoping that will happen in the next few weeks.
I know, I know – A LOSS IS A LOSS! I am happy that the scale went in the right direction this week. But here’s the thing. I got down to around 205 last September, then the Hurricane hit, and the holidays, and I puffed back up. So I feel like I’m “re-losing” weight that I already lost.
I’m happy that I’m losing it, I just want to get back to where I was and move on from there. Ya know what I mean??
My Goals for the Next Weigh In Wednesday
- I will NOT weigh myself every day. I will allow one “check in” on Sunday, and then I will wait until next Weigh In Wednesday.
- I will continue to work on C25K – I’m on week 4, and it’s a killer! I will work on getting through one day all the way through.
Tell my about any NSVs that you had this week!